Thursday, April 9, 2009

SEW- Can someone think of a better acronym??

SEW- service emphasis week


The secondary took the week off of classes to spread out throughout Tanzania and donate their muscles, time and energy. The school was in such a buzz of excitement, it was awesome to see the kids pumped up to get involved in their community. Even the younger kids were excited about praying for them and hearing what they were doing.

Since one team was last minute, they needed some teachers to volunteer and I got to go with one of the day trips on Saturday. The team went up to Madala (William's village) that i have talked about before. Usually on Saturday's a few of us go up there and are working on Bible storying as well as building friendships and playing games.


Downpours did not even pause the soccer game.

This little girl started dancing when it poured! But i can understand why, since it filled their water bucket and this was the first time I saw any of them drink water!



The teens did an awesome job though! very into, plus so many of them were fluent in swahili! It was great to see them talking with the children. Usually the kids talk at me and i nod my head trying to pick up a word or two. Sometimes I understand, but other times I am sure I have no clue what they are saying.

I was blessed to spend the day with them and it was so exciting to see the younger ones stepping out of their comfort zone to lead stories or pray aloud. It reminded me of my STEM short term trips.

Some local volunteers!

No comments: