Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life

I just finished the book by John Piper with this title. It was so encouraging, yet also challenging. What I loved most was the ending. He made a clear Biblical case for those that are called to the mission field and fighting the front lines of this fight against darkness.

But what i loved most, was the call for partnership. Just a reminder of how God has each one of us in a specific place for a specific purpose. I was reminded how I wouldn't have even been able to step foot off of American soil without the support of so many people. Both money and through prayer. money because at the time I decided to go i wouldn't have been able to even afford any flight! But through prayer so much more. He discussed (and i totally agree) how God has placed some to stay and some to go. Some to support and participate and encourage those He chose to Go....into the unknown, but to find the unloved, lost, and broken and bring God's healing touch.

God has been such a sustainer, quiet teacher, and guide to me these past 10 months especially. It might have something to do with having no Television and media/internet being out of my house. But without all the distractions...I have been able to read...a lot... Now I'm onto Ragamuffin gospel....so my next post will be how we all need some more grace in our lives I guess.

Thank you, to all who pray for missionaries (not just me but anyone). But also thank you for those who have stayed and are fighting the fight in their own home soil; who are choosing to give instead of live more comfortably. Thank you to those who are hearing the word of God, but also living it out each day.

No comments: