Sunday, July 27, 2008

The first night


okay, so I have to tell you about my first night at Scott. We get to campus and settle, and basically crash the first night. (still recovering from jet lag). My friend, Erica, and I are the only two who are in our side of the dorm. So we go brave the communal bathroom together, not really knowing what to expect.


What we do notice are all these "flies".

But we don't know any different...we figure that is normal. Maybe the hall light attracts them from outside. Erica and I just decide to ignore them and brush our teeth and head to bed. So as we go into the bathroom, we see this random guy walk past us. Both of us are like, that is so weird. Guys are not allowed in this area. But still we don't ask any questions since we are scared. Of what I am not sure. So we decide to just hurry. The guy is doing something, but we don't really know what.

We start brushing our teeth and one "fly" lands on me. That is when i notice its a BEE and scream! I brush it off and turn around to tell erica. But insead of going away, the bee gets confused and flies UP MY SKIRT!! As I am dancing around trying to get it out...it stings me on my butt! I was so annoyed. It even left the whole stinger in my leg!

That is when we realize that the hall, bathroom, and the room next to mine are COVERED in bees from a hive outside. The guy is walking between the three areas and spraying raid at the bees! It is quite hilarious actually. He would open the door to the room, spray in for a few seconds then slam the door shut. haha. It reaked of raid for 3 days after this!!

For the next week, i walked around with a sore and then ITCY butt! So it was hard to not scratch it..especially since no one really knew what happened, so they all thought i just scratch myself a lot! Oh goodness, that was quite an interesting start to our 3 weeks at Scott. the picture above is the room where the bees came in....if you look closely you can see them covering the floor.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I LOVE that story- too hilarious. You knwo you just like to scratch your bootay :) It has been such a a blessing getting to know you & I KNOW God will use you in mighty ways teaching in Dar- you are welcome in Z anytime!!