Sunday, July 27, 2008

African cars vs. American cars



This picture is one of the cars going to Scott in Machakos. Now, the interesting thing is that besides all the people you see...there are 4 others in the car that you can't see. That does not even mention the bags and suitcases that are strapped to the top of the car.

One thing I that was pointed out to me about Africa is that depite the large number of cars i have seen. Keep in mind I have really just been around cities...I do not think I have seen a car with just one person in it. Now in America...you would be hard pressed to find a car with more than one person in it.

We are always packing so many people into as few vehicles as possible. But it seems so many people are cramming in to save space, time, or just for the fun of it.

I do think this is a great idea though. saves gas...spend time with people...saves gas....need I say more?

Just a thought...why do Americans need to travel by themselves all the time? Are we too independent? Could we share cars with neighbors?

1 comment:

Trisha said...

It actually seems pretty spacious! haha. I love reading your stories. Can't wait to read more as the days and months go on.