Monday, October 6, 2008

More around HOPAC






So I wanted to show a bit more of my day to day life. sometimes I feel like I never leave HOPAC campus! But it is good. I am still learning the new curriculum and things. So here is a pic of one of the biggest trees i have ever seen! It has all of these uses...most of which I forget..but still. very cool. Every time I see it, I want to climb up!.


Here are my kids trying to be cute as they eat their lunch. We have two breaks during our day. each one begins with 10 minutes on the bench where the kids have to sit, talk, eat, and drink lots of water. It was quite a struggle for the muslim students last month as they were fasting for Ramadaan. I didn't hear much complaining, but I know they were hungry and thirsty. Today was the first day of school after fasting. One of my girls came up to me and said, "miss Reger Look!!!" and she took a huge drink of water. It was really cute, but also sad!




This is Caleb, one of the twins in my room. He really wanted his picture taken. But he is so helpful around the classroom. Carley and I even went over to their house one night to babysit. but they have a great house, and wonderful kids. So it was a lot of fun.


Last we have Irene (left) and Avril (right). Irene is a wonderful Tanzanian lady who works at the school. She is so helpful and took us around to all of the places we needed to know where they were! she even showed us her Fundi (man who makes clothes) so we could have some african dresses made!










No comments: