Saturday, January 10, 2009

weight watchers in Africa

One of my roommates (Carley) and I are both in weddings in the next few months. So we decided to put ourselves on weight watchers. She had done it before and had a book that we could follow and check out how much all the food we eat costs us in points!


But the funny part is that it has caught on like wild fire and now there are bunch of us doing it together. We are having so much fun with it. Carley and I have our little notebooks to write down what we eat...and then every Wednesday is going to be our weigh in! lol all the girls are coming to us and list off what they ate..then find out if they are over their points. It isn't a huge deal, but its just a fun thing. I think the whole school knows now since we were joking about it at lunch time! lol...school can spread information like nothing I have ever seen before.


We are holding each other accountable. And this morning Naomi and I did a "Sweating to the Spirit" workout video! It was so funny. At least we have fun while torturing ourselves....

Another missionary family has helped us out too. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to run here. I know some do, but with the heat of the sun, the stares, the inability to use an ipod where someone can see you, and more... there are lots of hinderances.

I first tried to say that this must be God telling me that I shouldn't run this year...but on further thought I just need to find other ways to be active.

With some generous donations...another family put in a mini gym on their balcony. So now Carley and I WALK the 40 minutes to their house and can run on tredmill or lift weights or bike. So it is great fun.


Here is our before picture....
After 4 months...we will see.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

that is great- y6ou go girl, did you know I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers? Let me knwo if I can help!! There are great websites for recipes, etc. some stuff might be hard to get here but you will rock it out! You alreayd look fabulous!! Great to see you adn we will see you in a few days!