Thursday, November 13, 2008

More walls falling down!

Well the last I had written we had our temporary wall up and the compound was looking good. sadly this did not last long! The following week we had another huge rainstorm. This one was a full day of lightening and thunder (louder than I have ever heard). How I wish I was a good author and could describe the sound, but the storm just felt so close as it got nearer. I literally felt like the thunder was right over my head.



The storm began around 4 am, so that the last hour and a half of sleep was not very good, but it was nice to just lay and look out at the ocean and see the awesome hand of God. Quite breathtaking. I almost didn't mind being up so early.....ALMOST.



One crash was particularly loud. This I come to find out was not one, but TWO of our walls falling down. It wasn't thunder at all.



One wall was right one in front of my house and the other at the back of the compound. The bricks (thankfully) crumbled instead of falling in one big block. If it had fallen as the first wall did, it would have hit our house. So when it happened all we felt like saying was, "Isn't God amazing". He even makes our walls fall down in a way that protects us. Plus as an added bonus our landlord decided that he was going to build them properly this time! So they are almost all back up in bricks with plenty of mortar! We even have supports! Its amazing.



The joys of the rains...and they tell me this is just the short rainy season...

No comments: