Monday, November 17, 2008

Racism what?

One of my students is a muslim girl and we were hanging out waiting for our soccer game when she said the most AMAZING thing to me. I will never forget it. Just touched my little heart. I pray for her often, she is so torn between the truth that is taught at school and her Muslim family that puts a lot of pressure to believe what they believe.

ANYWAY, she was talking to some people and was saying how IST (another school we play) is a racist team and only play white people…etc. I was just sitting there and didn’t say much. But she turned me just then with a thoughtful look on her face saying, “But not you Miss Reger. You love all of us just the same.” Then she gave me a huge hug and skipped off to find her friends. Poor me, I was left fighting the tears at how she had touched my heart with her compliment.

But it was so much more than that. I was so joyful to see that SHE WAS RECOGNIZING THE TRUTH in her heart. She saw that ALL people whether, Tanzania, Irish, America, English, or Korean…whoever deserved love and to be loved the same. Sigh, it is so encouraging to see the truth of the Bible coming out from this little girl’s heart.

No comments: